The IPA Committee on Child and Adolescent Psychoanalysis (COCAP) is mandated to:
1. Promote knowledge of child and adolescent psychoanalysis within and beyond our professional organization. To do this, COCAP and the regional COCAP committees will:
2. Preserve professionalism of child and adolescent psychoanalysts by:
3. Increase the participation of all colleagues by:
4. Collaborate with the Integrated Training Committee and others concerned with issues relating to children, adolescents, and families.
5. Advocate for the needs of children, adolescents and families by:
6. Examine sections of the IPA Procedural Code relevant to child analysis and report to the Board.
7. Administer the Hayman Prize selection for the Board.
8. Gather information about outreach and service activities of child analysts, and child-related programs in less well-served areas of the world to work toward a centralized register for members and the public.
The Committee will consist of a Chair, one co-Chair from each region, and a number of additional members from each Region (though only the Chair and six members will be reimbursed for attendance at in-person meetings).
Way of working
The Committee will be expected to do most of its work electronically (using Skype, GoToMeeting, or other free-to-use communication systems). The committee, like all IPA committees, will be expected to be self-supporting for secretarial and other purposes. The Chair and six members will be reimbursed for attendance at one in-person meeting per budget year.
The Committee will propose a budget during the annual IPA budget cycle.
Approved by the Board September 2014 (this mandate replaces the previous mandate approved in 2005)