1. Originally approved as the Constitution and Bylaws serving as the corporate “Bylaws” (U.S. legal spelling) of The International Psychoanalytical Association, a nonprofit corporation formed on September 15, 1997 in Delaware (U.S.A.).
2. Ratified by the IPA Membership by mail ballot in May 2001.
3. Change to Rule 6, Section B(2)a on the Business Meeting quorums ratified by the IPA Membership by mail ballot in May 2003.
4. Changes concerning the election system ratified by the IPA Membership by mail ballot in May 2004.
5. Changes to: a) remove the distinction between Globally and Regionally Elected Representatives, b) change of title from ‘Secretary’ to ‘Secretary General’, c) delete redundant transition entries, d) move authority on dues decisions from the Business Meeting to the Board,
ratified by the IPA Membership by mail ballot in May 2005.
6. Dissolution of the US Company, ‘The IPA’, ratified by the IPA Membership by mail ballot in May 2005. Revised document approved by the Board on 21 January 2007 as the Rules of the International Psychoanalytical Association on the dissolution of the US Company, ‘The IPA’, and the transfer of assets, liabilities and activities of that company to the UK Charity, the IPA.
7. Transfer of the authority to appoint IPA Direct members from the Business Meeting to the IPA Board – ratified by the IPA Membership by mail ballot in May 2009.
8. Secretary General replaced with the office of Vice-President to be elected as part of the ‘Presidential team’ – ratified by the IPA Membership by ballot in April 2010. References to Secretary General left to cover the Secretary General until the position changes in July 2013.
9. Secretary General replaced with the office of Vice President in entire document when first Vice President took over from Secretary General in July 2013.
10. Inclusion of electronic Board meetings and ability to extend voting period prior to the elections - ratified by the Membership by Mail ballot in May 2013.
11. Modifications to the ballot distribution date and balloting deadline for IPA elections - ratified by Membership ballot in May 2017.