Madeleine Baranger (1920 - 2017): One of the first members of the Argentine Psychoanalytic Association and a founder of the Uruguayan Psychoanalytical Association and of the Revista Uruguaya de Psicoanálisis. Together with her husband, Willy Baranger, she was one of the most prominent and influential psychoanalysts of the second half of the 20th Century. Read more / Read online article by Luis Kancyper (clarin.com)
- Salomon Resnik (Buenos Aires 1920 - Paris 2017): His early psychoanalytical and psychiatric training was thanks to a propitious encounter with Enrique Pichón-Rivière, who represented in Buenos Aires classic French psychiatry integrated with a psychoanalytical thought and authentic interest for social groups. Read more.
- Richard M. Gottlieb (1944 - 2017): Director of Faculty at the New York Psychoanalytic Institute, Training and Supervising Analyst at the Berkshire Psychoanalytic Institute and Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, passed away on 31 January 2017. Read more.
- Mrs Sharon Riva Raeburn (25th January 1947 – 22nd January 2017): Sharon Raeburn was a founding member of the British Psychoanalytic Association and its first President. She was also a Training Analyst and Supervisor of the Association. Read more.
- Paul Ornstein (4 April 1924 – 19 January 2017). Graduate of the Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis at the University of Cincinnati Medical School, Supervising Analyst at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and prominent leading figure in psychoanalytic self-psychology. Read the Obituary in the New York Times.
- Claire Synodinou (1944 - 2017). Professor at the Panteion University and member of the Hellenic Psycho-Analytical Society, the Paris Psychoanalytical Society and IPSO-Pierre Marty, passed away on 13 January 2017. Read more.
- Henning Paikin (11 September 1935 – 2 January 2017). Distinguished member and one of the most influential founders of the Danish Psychoanalytical Society, and member of the IPA House of Delegates from 1999 to 2004, Henning Paikin passed away on 2 January 2017 at the age of 81.
Dr. R. Horacio Etchegoyen (1919 - 2016), Honorary IPA Vice-President
Horacio Etchegoyen was a great master of Psychoanalysis, and the first Latin-American President of the International Psychoanalytical Association from 1993 to 1997. He was President of the Asociaciòn Psicoanalitica de Buenos Aires (APdeBA, 1977-1978). Read the obituaries that have been sent through from IPA President, Stefano Bolognini and President-Elect, Virginia Ungar.
Dr. Elizabeth Bott Spillius Psychoanalyst who brought the ideas of Melanie Klein to a new generation of analysts, therapists, social workers and students. Read Obituary in the newspaper and listen to BBC Radio 4 'Last Word<'.
Prof. Arup Ghoshal Professor Arup Ghoshal, Honorary Secretary of the Indian Psychoanalytical Society (IPS) passed away on the 22nd of July, 2016 in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) following a brief illness. Read more.
Dr. Alan Z. Skolnikoff Dr. Alan Z. Skolnikoff, exceptional human being and noted psychoanalyst, passed away peacefully in his sleep at his San Francisco home on July 17th. Read more.
Dr. Carlos Ríos We are sorry to announce the passing away of Dr Carlos Ríos who was a Doctor, Specialist in Psychiatry, Professor of Psychopathology in the University of Plata, Training Analyst and ex-member on the Board of APdeBA. He also served as a Professor at the University Institute of Mental Health. He was a Member of the International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA) and FEPAL, amongst others. Read more.
Dr. Klaus Minde It is with great sadness that we regret to announce the sudden death of Dr. Klaus Minde, due to a massive stroke, on July 6, 2016. Dr. Minde’s contributions to the Canadian Psychoanalytic Society, the Quebec English Branch, as well as the Canadian Group of Psychoanalysts for Children and Adolescents were invaluable. Read more.
James S. Grotstein (1925-2015). Read the transcript of the memorial service.
Arthur Malin M.D. June 5 1925 – 26 October 2015
Vida Maberino de Prego Uruguayan Psychoanalytical Association
Luz Maria Porras Uruguayan Psychoanalytical Association
Danielle Quinodoz 1934-2015 by Stefano Bolognini
James Grotstein November 1925 - 30 May 2015 by Stefano Bolognini
Stefania Turillazzi Manfredi 20 June 1929 - 6 July 2015 by Stefano Bolognini
Robert S. Wallerstein January 28, 1921- December 21, 2014
Oral History The Life and Work of Robert S. Wallerstein: A Conversation Luca Di Donna. We would like to thank American imago, Johns Hopkins University Press and the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis for their help in publishing the interview of Dr. Luca Di Donna with Dr. Robert Wallerstein.
In Memoriam: Israel Psychoanalytic Society
In Memoriam is an initiative started by the Israel Psychoanalytic Society to memorialize individuals who belonged to the society. It is a collective effort and re- connection to the the roots of the society by members and candidates.