IPA Photo Award 2019
The IPA Photo Award challenges you to capture ‘the feminine’ through the lens. We’re looking for the most imaginative and creative representation of the 2019 IPA Congress theme. The best image, as selected by our judging panel, will feature on the IPA website and will receive a $1000 prize.
What you need to know
The IPA photo award is for the highest quality, original photograph that explores the ways in which ‘the feminine’ is perceived, challenged and represented. The award is open to both IPA Members and Non-Members.
Each entry will be judged on:
*The extent to which it effectively represents ‘the feminine’.
Members of the IPA’s Website Editorial Board and Communications Committees.
How to enter
To take part, simply email your photograph along with the following information to Rhoda Bawdekar-Sebastián: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Title of photograph
*Entrant’s full name
*Entrant’s society or institute
*Entrant’s country of residence
The deadline for entries is: 07 JULY 2019.
A pre-selection of photos will be made by Committee members and the chosen photos will be posted on our social media and open to the public to vote on their favourite. The image with the most votes at the end of the voting period shall be deemed the overall winner.
Terms and Conditions
Before entering, please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions. In particular, by entering, you grant the IPA non-exclusive rights to your image and all entries are subject to use, modification and distribution.
Terms and Conditions: IPA Photo Award 2019
- The Photo Award is open to call. There are no geographical restrictions on who may enter.
- An individual (“the entrant”) may enter only one photograph. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The entrant must email their photograph, along with the stated entry information by the stated deadline. Entries must be emailed to email@example.com.
- The entrant warrants that the photograph consists entirely of original work and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe on the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the International Psychoanalytical Association (“IPA”) to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, websites or social media channels.
- The entrant warrants that the image does not defame or invade the rights of any person and fully indemnifies the International Psychoanalytical Association, its servants and agents against any claim made for such violations of law.
- The IPA and its respective officers, employees and agents accept no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind, which may incur, arising whether directly or indirectly. This applies in relation to, or in connection with, any material and/or information supplied by the entrant in connection with the competition; and as a consequence of removing any material and / or information from the competition.
- The decision of the IPA judges shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding it. The judges reserve the right not to make an award if in their judgment none of the entries are of sufficient merit, or at their discretion, to make additional or supplementary awards. The prize offered for the award is as stated and no cash alternative shall be offered.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the IPA and accordingly, the IPA may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the awards and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the IPA as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- The deadline for entries is 07 July 2019.