IPA PHOTO AWARD 2021
The IPA Photo Award challenges you to capture ‘the infantile’ through the lens. We’re looking for the most imaginative and creative representation of the 2021 IPA Congress theme. In 2019 the award generated a lot of interest - take a look at our 2019 Award winner
General Public Award: “The Public Choice Award” - £300
IPA Jury Award: “The IPA Jury Best Overall Photo” - £300
The photos will be posted on the IPA website.
What you need to know
The 2021 IPA Photo Award is for the highest quality and original photo. This photo entry should explore the ways in which “The Infantile: it’s multiple dimensions” is perceived, challenged and represented.
The Photo Award is open to anyone, aged 18 years old and above. We welcome entries from IPA Members, Candidates and non-Members.
How to enter
To take part, simply email your photograph along with the following information to Rhoda Bawdekar-Sebastián: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Title of photograph
-Entrant’s full name
-Entrant’s society or institute (if member/candidate)
-Entrant’s country of residence
-Each photo needs to be saved with the entrant's name
-Please read rules for full criteria
All photos need to be submitted by 30th May 2021. Please ensure you read the Rules below.
The IPA Jury
Valeria Nader and Gisela Zapata, Co-ordinators of the IPA Photo Award
Romolo Petrini, Chair of the Website Editorial Board
Rhoda Bawdekar, Web and Publications Manager
Alejandro Nagy, Chair of the Social Media Committee
Monica Horovitz - Paris Psychoanalytical Society (France)
Roberto Basile - Italian Psychoanalytical Society (Italy)
Luiz Meyer - Brazilian Psychoanalytic Society of São Paulo (Brazil)
Sílvia Neborak - Asociación Psicoanalítica de Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Barbara Stimmel - ApsaA (USA)
Annarita Gentile - Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia (USA)
Minako Nishi - Japan Psychoanalytic Society (Japan)
Sun Ju Chung - Korean Study Group (Korea)
The IPA Photo Award rewards outstanding single images. Judges are looking for a psychoanalytical/original/creative dimension of the theme, good composition, creativity and clear photographs.
- The Photo Award is open to current IPA members and candidates and anyone aged 18 years old and above. There are no geographical restrictions on who may enter.
- An individual or group (“the entrant”) may enter only one photograph. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The entrant must email their photograph, along with the stated entry information by the stated deadline. Entries must be emailed to email@example.com.
- The entrant warrants that the photograph consists entirely of original work and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe on the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the International Psychoanalytical Association (“IPA”) to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, websites or social media channels.
- The entrant warrants that the image does not defame or invade the rights of any person and fully indemnifies the International Psychoanalytical Association, its servants and agents against any claim made for such violations of law.
- The IPA and its respective officers, employees and agents accept no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind, which may incur, arising whether directly or indirectly. This applies in relation to, or in connection with, any material and/or information supplied by the entrant in connection with the competition; and as a consequence of removing any material and / or information from the competition.
- The decision of the IPA judges shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding it. The judges reserve the right not to make an award if in their judgment none of the entries are of sufficient merit, or at their discretion, to make additional or supplementary awards. The prize offered for the award is as stated and no cash alternative shall be offered.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the IPA and accordingly, the IPA may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the awards and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the IPA as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- The deadline for entries is 30 May 2021. A shortlist of 10 photos will be chosen by 15th June 2021. Closing of voting for the Public Award: 15th July 2021.
The names of the winners will be announced once the Public Choice Award has been chosen.