Interest-Free Loans to IPA Candidates
The 2022 Candidate Loan application round has now closed.
The next application round will be announced in 2023.
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible for loan consideration, applicants must be:
- IPA Candidates - an IPA Candidate is one studying at an IPA recognised institute or under an IPA sponsoring committee and undergoing a course that will lead to membership in the related IPA Society and thus the IPA itself.
- In good standing with their training institute
- Have at least one active psychoanalytic supervised treatment at the time of application - an active supervised treatment means that you are already seeing a patient in a supervised psychoanalysis.
In 2004 the IPA launched an appeal to its members for funds to offer loans to IPA Candidates. Since then the IPA has increased the amount available considerably. The same amount is available to each of the three IPA geographical regions.
Click here to view the full procedures for these loans
- Loans will be between US$1,000 and US$5,000.
- The funds may be used for any purpose related to training.
- Loans will be subject to contract that will specify the repayment period.
- Repayment will normally start a year after the IPA Candidate’s graduation, at the rate of US$1,000 a year, interest-free, until the loan is repaid.
In compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), data received from applicants will only be used and stored for the purposes of the Candidate Loan programme. Information on how we keep your data confidential can be found in the Candidate Loans Panel procedural code under section 9. Applications will be handled in complete confidence. The names of applicants and recipients will not be disclosed to anyone apart from the IPA staff, who administer the applications. The administrative staff at Lexicon may contact the IPA Candidate’s Institute to seek confirmation that the Candidate is indeed an IPA Candidate of good standing within the Institute and under other unusual circumstances, such as when there is difficulty in contacting an IPA Candidate. In all cases the administrative staff will use reasonable endeavours to protect confidentiality as much as is possible.