Who is the Couple/ Who is the Family? Creating New Therapeutic Possibilities
Presented by the Couple and Family Committee of the International Psychoanalytic Association and the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis. Supporting organizations include the Psychoanalytic Couple Psychotherapy Group, the Psychoanalytic Center of Northern California, Tavistock Relationships, and the International Association for Couple and Family Psychoanalysis
Held at: San Francisco Intercontinental Hotel and the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
This conference is intended to create a space to think together about changes in contemporary couple and family structure, and how our theory and clinical approaches can adapt to encompass today’s rich variety of family and couple relationships.We welcome original, creative proposals from psychoanalytically-oriented couple and family therapists. We are interested in clinical, case-based presentations, advances in theoretical understanding, and contributions on therapeutic technique.
- All submissions are to be submitted as a Microsoft Word document and emailed to [email protected] . Please don't submit a proposal in the body of an email. You will receive a confirmation email within 7 days of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please re-send. If you still receive no confirmation, call Leora Benioff ,+1 (415) 563-6133.
- All presenters in the scientific program are required to pay a registration fee. Acceptance of a contribution must be confirmed with a paid registration.
- All patient information submitted in a proposal should be appropriately disguised.
- The submission deadline for this February 2020 conference is May 15, 2019.
- Notification of the review committee decision will be sent by email by July 1, 2019.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Please send a 100 – 150 word description of proposed presentations as an and two educational objectives, which will be printed in the program if your proposal is accepted, attached as a word document.
- Put “SF 2020 Conference Paper Proposal” in the subject line and email to [email protected].
- Presentations will be accepted for either 20 minutes or 40 minutes reading time (2200 or 4400 words plus any references).
Special Format Presentations:
If you have a proposal for a presentation that doesn't exactly fit traditional paper presentation format, we may still be interested. Please submit it as a Special Format Presentation, with a 100-150 word description attached as a word document. Put SF 2020 Conference Special Format Presentation proposal in the subject matter of the email, and send to [email protected]
If you are interested in serving as a discussant for an accepted paper, please send an email so indicatingto [email protected]. Please put SF 2020 Conference Discussant in subject line.
GO TO WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS: http://sf-cp.org/ipa-couple-family-conference
For information, or to enquire about submitting a proposal:
Leora Benioff, PhD ([email protected])
David Scharff, MD ([email protected])
Conference organized by the
COUPLE AND FAMILY COMMITTEE of the INTERNATIONAL PSYCHOANALYTICAL ASSOCIATION
THE SAN FRANCISCO CENTER FOR PSYCHOANALYSIS
Psychoanalytic Institute of Northern California
Psychoanalytic Couple Psychotherapy Group
International Psychotherapy institute